Skip to Content
- A tight-knit community of 150 first- and second-year students who live together on two floors in Mosher-Jordan and are majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, pre-health, nursing or kinesiology.
- Voluntary participation in weekly peer-facilitated study groups for most introductory math, science, and engineering courses that meet in Mosher-Jordan.
- Access to a second-year Peer Mentor who lives in the community and serves as a supportive and knowledgeable role model and guide to a small group of first-year students.
- Participation in ALA107/ALA108, the one-credit membership course each semester for all WISE RP first-year students.The course exposes students to different fields and careers in the sciences and engineering.
- A variety of social, academic, and multicultural events and programs organized by WISE RP Program Board
WISE RP First-Year Students are Expected to Fulfill the Following Requirements:
- Enroll in ALA107 & ALA108: WISE RP Seminar in both fall and winter terms.
- Be an active member of the community by participating in WISE RP-sponsored programs and events.
- Keep Tuesday nights free to participate in community events.
- Participate in community-wide welcome activities at the start of each semester.
- Meet individually once a semester with the WISE RP Associate Director and your Resident Advisor.
- Participation in WISE RP Study Groups is strongly encouraged.