Where can your science degree take you? A panel discussion on the many careers for those interested in science, with advice on how to get there.
Time: Thursday Feb 10, 2011, 6-8pm
Location: Room 1230 USB, University of Michigan Ann Arbor Campus
- Connie Chang, MBA, Director, Business Development, UM Medical School
- Kristen Verhey, PhD, Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, UM
- Jessica Long, MS, CGC, Genetic Counselor
- Margaret G. McCammon, Research Translation Specialist, MICHR, UM
- Nancy Ross-Flanigan, UM News Service
We will have five panelists from different sectors in science discussing their careers, and the paths they took to get there.
You will have an opportunity to network with your fellow scientists during an informal get-together over refreshments from 6:00-6:30pm, and then hear the stories of our panelists starting at 6:30pm.
We will have a strong focus on questions coming from the audience, and hope that there will be a lively discussion involving the panelists and attendees.
There will be something here for everyone, from undergraduate to postdoctoral level.
Please register for the panel HERE: https://www-a1.lsa.umich.edu/lrc_conf/app/DisplaySession.asp?sessionid=2937
Open to everyone, refreshments provided!
To join the Association for Women in Science CTOOLs site, please email UM-AWIS@umich.edu.