The Slideshow component sits prominently on the department homepages. The intent for this component is to drive traffic to landing pages within the site. Each slide should have a title, description and a link to a page within the site. Currently this is done by selecting a folder within the DAM containing images (slides) each having metadata: title, description and URL, as shown below...
Frequently, the metadata for these images are missing and therefore the component falls short of it's intended purpose of driving traffic to important landing pages.
When editing images metadata URL field, it will no longer accept external URL's. The page should be selected using the magnifying glass icon to select the page. This will ensure a proper relative path within the site. Slides that are missing the URL or that have an external URL will be omitted.
List of Pages Mode
Given the purpose of the Slideshow is to highlight important pages within the site, we have added a new mode which emphasizes this purpose.
- Edit the Slideshow component by double-clicking (or with right click choosing edit)
- Select 'List of Pages' in the dropdown
- Add the landing pages to the "List of Pages" field
- Edit the Page Properties for each page listed ensuring that they each have
- An image in the image tab. The slide will use this image
- A description from the Basic tab under 'More Titles and Description'
- An alternate title may be optionally provided in the 'Slide Title' page property