All LSA People (faculty, staff and students) can now update their own profile content. They do not need access to the AEM author system, nor will they be required to take any training. If they have a profile, a uniqname and can log into UM Weblogin, they can make changes to certain fields within their profile (see screenshot at bottom of page).
Departmental content editors need to request that web services turn on this feature by sending an email to email@example.com
I want to update my own profile on my department's website
Steps to Make Profile Updates
- Visit your live profile, for example https://lsa.umich.edu/webservices/people/our-staff/ksumrall.html
- Directly below the profile image (or below the blue box with the block M), to the right of social media icons (if any) is an editing pencil.
- If you are not logged in to your UMICH Google account, you will be prompted to do so.
- If the user identity was successfully verified, the profile edit form will be presented. and you may make changes. If this is not your record, you will get a message saying you are not authorized to edit this information.
- Remember to hit the submit button at the bottom of the form (may require scrolling) to save your changes.
After the form submission, if the system fails to initally process the request, then it will not show the #success message (below). Instead, the end of the page URL will read #failed. Please try the submission again, and let Web Services know if the problem persists.
I want to add my CV to my profile, but I can't upload it myself
We are working on an enhancement to allow you to upload your own CV in PDF format.
In the meantime, please feel free to use this workaround:
- upload your CV file to your MBox account
- in MBox, next to your newly uploaded file, click "share" and "copy" the link out of the dialog window that opens
- in this same little window, look for a dropdown directly below the 'shared link' field- you must change the sharing properties to 'people with the link'
- return to the profile editor and paste the link into the field 'Website URL 1' or 'Website URL 2', whichever is appropriate
- in the corresponding 'Link Text' field, add text of your choice, such as 'My CV' or 'Curriculum Vitae'
This procedure creates a link under your profile picture which a user can click on and then view your CV in another tab of the web browser.