- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- Mcubed Scholars Program
- Become a Peer Facilitator
- UROP Student Grants
University of Michigan- Ann Arbor students enjoy many benefits from participating in the UROP Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) sponsored summer research fellowship program. SRC is the premier industry consortium investing in university research that addresses longer term semiconductor industry need in cutting edge research. The UROP SRC Summer Fellowship Program is designed to attract and retain students in science and engineering disciplines and to encourage their enrollment in graduate school by providing sustained undergraduate research experiences and mentoring relationships.
Benefits of being an UROP SRC Fellow include:
- Funding to do cutting-edge research in: Electrical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Resume distribution through the SRC website increasing student opportunities for internships and full-time employment with direct industry contacts.
- SRC sponsored events provide opportunities to network with a wide range of industry experts and other students and faculty who are funded by SRC.
- Opportunity to present at TECHCON conference. TECHCON offers an opportunity for UROP SRC students to present research, network with peers and explore career opportunities with SRC members.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2019.
- Students may not take spring or summer courses while participating in the SRC summer fellowship program.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required seminars, journal clubs and events.
- Must present at the Summer Symposium.
Complete the online application, which includes the following documents:
- Personal Statement (recommended 1,000-2,500 words)
- Research Proposal (Quick Proposal Checklist)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (we strongly recommend that you get at least one letter of recommendation from your research mentor or the individual you plan to work with.)
- Official Transcript
Stipend Award: $4000, does not include housing
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - Friday, August 2, 2019
Application Opens: Monday, December 10, 2018
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019 (Applications are now closed)
Acceptance Notification: will begin on Friday, March 15, 2019
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Application and informational video recordings now available! Click the buttons below:
For more information, please email: UROP.email@example.com