- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Center for Human Growth and Development
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- MCubed Scholars Program
- Become a Peer Facilitator
- UROP Student Grants
The University of Michigan Center for Human Growth and Development (CHGD), in partnership with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), seeks to provide selected UM undergraduates at all years of study with a $4,000 stipend for a 10-week fellowship to work under the supervision of a University of Michigan faculty member in child and/or adolescent health, behavior, and/or development fields related to the following research areas:
- Healthy Youth, Families & Communities
- Language & Literacy
- Behavioral Development
- Media, Technology & Youth Development
- Adolescence and transition to adulthood
- Neurodiversity and Disability
- Developmental Neuroscience
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Culture and Context
Suitable mentors will be identified from the CHGD faculty membership. Participating undergraduates will perform research and receive mentoring while they contribute to the ultimate CHGD goal of optimizing children's physical, cognitive and socio-emotional development.
In addition to research with a CHGD faculty member, students will participate in a seminar series and present a poster of their summer work at the UROP Summer Symposium during the last week of the program.
The CHGD-UROP program seeks to attract a broadly diverse student population, which includes women and historically underrepresented students, as well as first generation college students and students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2019.
- Students may not take spring or summer courses while participating in the SRC summer fellowship program.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required seminars, journal clubs and events.
- Must present at the Summer Symposium.
Stipend Award: $4000, does not include housing
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - Friday, August 2, 2019
Application Opens: Monday, December 10, 2018
Applications and informational webinars will be available soon!
- Webinars Available on the Application Process and Requirements:
- Thursday, January 10th, 2:00pm - 3:00p.m.
- Monday, January 14th, Noon - 1:00p.m.
- Webinars available on How to write a personal statement and a research proposal
- Friday, January 11th, Noon - 1:00p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16, 4:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Stay tuned for the links to the webinars posted on this page.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
Acceptance Notification: will begin on Friday, March 15, 2019
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
For more information please email us at email@example.com