- Fall-Winter Programs
- Summer Programs
- Detroit Community Based Research Program
- Biomedical & Life Sciences Summer Fellowship
- Intel Semiconductor Research Corporation Summer Internship
- Women and Gender Summer Fellowship Program
- Michigan Community College Summer Research Fellowship
- UM Energy Institute Fellowship Program
- MCubed Scholars Program
- Become a Peer Facilitator
- UROP Student Grants
The Biomedical and Life Sciences Fellowship Program encourages students from diverse populations to consider pursuing graduate work in the Biomedical and Life Sciences fields by engaging them in an intensive 10-week full-time summer research experience. Participating undergraduates not only gain confidence in their ability to experience valuable hands-on research and mentoring, but they also learn to appreciate the advantages of pursuing an advanced degree. Students in the program participate in facilitated lunch box discussions, journal clubs, networking events, and seminars co-sponsored by the University of Michigan Medical School and Rackham Graduate School.
Benefits of being a UROP Biomedical and Life Science Fellow include:
- Collaborate with a University of Michigan researcher at the forefront of their career.
- Network with undergraduates, graduates and researchers from diverse backgrounds.
- Obtain transferrable skills you can apply to your academic coursework.
- Participate in professional development and Graduate School Preparation activities.
- Present at UROP Summer Symposium.
- Current undergraduate students attending the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Campus not graduating in May 2018.
- Students may not take spring or summer courses while participating in the Biomedical and Life Science fellowship program.
- Must work a minimum of 35 hours weekly and participate in required seminars, journal clubs and events.
Stipend Award: $4000, does not include housing
Fellowship Dates: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - Friday, August 2, 2019
Application Opens: Friday, November 30, 2018
- Webinars Available on the Application Process and Requirements:
- Wednesday, December 5, 2:00p.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Monday, December 10, 2:00p.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Monday, January 14th, Noon - 1:30p.m.
- Webinars available on How to write a personal statement and a research proposal
- Thursday, December 6, 4:00p.m. - 5:30p.m.
- Wednesday, December 12, 2:00p.m. - 3:30p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16, 4:00p.m. - 5:30p.m.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
Acceptance Notification: will begin on Friday, March 15, 2019
Mandatory Orientation: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
For more information please email us at UROP.BiomedLifeSciSummer@umich.edu.