UROP Student Travel Grant Application Process
Please follow the steps to apply for a UROP Student Travel Grant:
1. Review the UROP Travel Grant Application and Budget Form in detail before submitting your application form through the online application/form via the link in the next instruction, Step 2.
2. Complete the online UROP Travel Grant Application and Budget google form.
3. Once you submit the UROP travel grant application and budget form please allow 4-5 days for the grant application to be processed. You will receive notification from UROP about uploading all required/additional documentation to your application folder.
The link to your application folder will be sent to you directly from UROP. Additional Material Required for the UROP Student Travel Grant Application include:
- Letter of Recommendation from your faculty/research mentor
- Research Abstract (no more than 250 words)
- Official notification from the conference
- Your current UM financial aid award notice
- Signed copy of the Student Travel Grant Contract
4. Make sure to PRINT, READ, and SIGN the UROP Student Travel Grant Contract.
The contract MUST be uploaded to your application folder BEFORE you leave for travel.
If you have any questions, please contact the UROP Accounting Clerk, Cynthia Kayden at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the Director of UROP, Dr. Michelle Ferrez at email@example.com
Congratulations you have successfully presented at a conference!
After your travel you will need to revisit the conditions and documentations listed in the UROP Student Travel Grant Contract.
5. A copy of your UROP Student Travel Grant Contract will remain in your application folder for your reference. As noted on the travel grant contract, there are additional items you will need to provide AFTER your travel(s) and must be submitted within seven (7) days of the traveler’s return.
If you have any questions, please contact the UROP Accounting Clerk, Cynthia Kayden at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the Director of UROP, Dr. Michelle Ferrez at email@example.com.