Come Join Changing Gears!
Who are we?
- We connect incoming transfer students primarily from community colleges to graduate mentors from across all disciplines!
- The graduate mentors are matched with transfer students, and help them acclimate to the University of Michigan through one-on-one meetings, group activities, workshops, and research projects.
- Mentors expose students to graduate school and inform them of graduate school processes, procedures, and professional opportunities.
- Strengthen leadership skills
- The opportunity to provide knowledge and resources to community college students who only have two years to complete their degree (thus, information and time is of the essence).
- Research and mentoring experience looks great when applying to post-doctoral and faculty positions at any university.
- An avenue to share with students the value in conducting research.
- The hours and time commitment are flexible.
- The UROP office is an inclusive, diverse, and fun community.
Contact Dr. Michelle Ferrez for information at email@example.com.