The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) offers several different programs throughout the academic year for University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate students to discover the world of research through collaborations with UM researchers. Students participating in the program are called research assistants and work alongside a faculty member, research scientist or professional practitioner on an ongoing or new research project.
Fall-Winter Program Requirements
Participants in all programs are:
- Required to conduct research with a UROP Mentor
- Assigned a peer facilitator with whom they meet on a regular basis
- Required to attend seminar meetings in addition to conducting research
- Expected to apply directly to faculty Mentors (with the aid of a peer facilitator and UROP staff liaisons) to work on projects the STUDENT finds interesting and engaging
- Responsible for scheduling their own research hours around the rest of their academic schedule
The Incoming Freshman application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now closed.
The UROP sophomore application for 2018-2019 is now closed
If you have any questions or experience an error with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.