Volunteer at Camp Explorations!
Thank you for your interest in being a Junior Counselor! Junior Counselors have a very important role in our
camp program. You will gain leadership skills, responsibility and supervision experience as you act as a role model
for our campers.
Camp Explorations Volunteer Junior Counselor Job Description
- Promotes and observes all rules and regulations established for Camp Explorations
- Serves as a positive role model for campers
- Escorts campers to camp activities with assigned Counselor
- Facilitates camper activities with assigned Counselor
- Follows instructions from Counselor, Assistant Director or Director
- Between the ages of 13-17 years old
- Enjoys working with children
- Demonstrates appropriate behavior at all times
- Enthusiasm for hands-on science learning
SCHEDULE AND TIME COMMITMENT:
Junior Counselors must commit to one full session of camp (either morning, afternoon or both). Junior Counselors are also expected to attend an orientation. You only need to attend one orientation session.
- Thursday, May 31 4:00-5:30pm
- Sunday, June 3 2:00-3:30pm
Camp Explorations Director and Camp Explorations Staff
Application Deadline: Friday May 18, 2018
Please note: The Museum can accommodate a limited number of Junior Counselors each year.