Applying to the Program in Transcultural Studies
Students apply by submitting their application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following materials are required by the Transcultural Studies program.
1. Application Cover Page - Download the application cover page and include it with your application materials
2. Current Transcript - Applicants must be juniors in good standing in LSA.
3. Statement of Purpose - An essay of 2-3 pages explaining your interest in the program, the kinds of questions you would like to pursue, the kinds of graduate courses you would like to take, provisional ideas for a capstone project, and your long-term career goals.
4. Writing Sample - Applicants are required to submit one term paper finished for a course in their junior or sophmore year as a writing sample.
5. Two Letters of Recommendation - Both letters should be from LSA faculty members, with one of them indicating a willingness to serve as your advisor. Faculty letters should discuss the student’s ability to thrive in and contribute productively to graduate-level courses in participating departments. Letters should be sent directly by the faculty member to email@example.com and are due by the application deadline.
Application deadline: April 1, 2020
Students accepted into the program will apply to the Rackham Graduate School during the winter semester of their senior year.
Current TCS Students – Applying to Rackham Graduate School
In order to formally register with Rackham, TCS students apply to the Rackham Graduate School during the winter semester of their senior year. All TCS students must complete the Rackham Graduate School online application and pay the application fee.
Before applying to Rackham, we recommend students review Rackham's Checklist for Completing the Application Process to gain an overview of the application process. The Rackham Graduate School requires applicants to submit a personal statement and a CV or resume. Information on statements and formatting requirements is detailed on the Statements and Curriculum Vitae or Resume page of Rackham's website.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org