1. Meet with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
2. Obtain a Verified Individualized Services & Accommodations (VISA) Letter
If appropriate, SSD representative will provide you with a Verified Individualized Services and Accommodations (VISA) letter .
3. Discuss Your VISA with Your Instructor
- Discuss your VISA with your instructor within the first two weeks of class, or immediately upon receiving the letter.
- Please ensure your instructor is aware of all your accommodation needs (i.e. If a computer is needed and the specific reasons you need a computer as outlined on your VISA form).
4. Confirm Accommodation Arrangements with Instructor
Work with the Instructor to receive appropriate testing accommodations in the classroom or department.
- To provide equity and inclusion, the default should be that test accommodations are facilitated by the instructor in the classroom or department.
- Understand that in normal circumstances, extended-time accommodations are the responsibility of the instructor and are a low priority for the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC).
If appropriate testing accommodations cannot be facilitated by the instructor, ask that they complete a reservation request at the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) Reservation Site.
- Understand that a request for test accommodations may not necessarily result in a test reservation in the Testing Accommodation Center.
- Reservations are made on a "first-come, first-served" basis, as space is limited.
- Reservation requests by your instructor must be made no later than two weeks before a quiz or exam and no later than thirty days before a final exam.
- If a reservation cannot be secured, it is the instructor's responsibility to provide the accommodations.
If the test reservation request has been approved, you will receive an email from the Testing Accommodation Center.
- The email confirmation will include location, date and time of arrival, and other important information regarding your reservation/s.
- Please check your SPAM folder as TAC emails may not be found in your inbox.