- Writing Support
- Writing Guides
- International Students
- Transfer Students
- Minor in Writing
- Peer Writing Consultant Program
- M-Write Fellows Program
- First-Year Writing Requirement
- Upper-Level Writing Requirement
- Writing Prizes
- Info Session: Feb 2019 TBA (Angell Hall G219 - Peer Writing Center)
- Application deadline: Fall 2019 deadline March 2019 TBA
- The online application link will be posted here in February 2019.
Requirements for the application
- Students must have completed their First-Year Writing Requirement with a grade of C or higher. Engineering students must have completed Engineering 100 with a grade of C or higher. Transfer students can complete the FYWR with a transfer course approved by Sweetland.
- Students must have at least three full terms remaining in their academic program.
Materials for application (to be submitted using Online Application Form)
- Writing sample from any college course
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial U-M transcript (available through Wolverine Access)
Admission process and criteria
- Submit all materials by the application deadline.
- The admission process is competitive and space is limited. Because space is limited students must complete the minor gateway course, Writing 220: Introduction to the Minor in Writing, in their first semester Minor.
- Application materials are reviewed by a committee of Sweetland faculty, who make admissions recommendations based upon the quality of the writing sample, the reasons given for applying to the minor, and student’s overall academic performance.
- Students are notified of the decision via email prior to the beginning of registration.