Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Czech,Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
Visit the LSA Language Fair to learn about the variety of languages offered at The University of Michigan. Department representatives will be available to answer questions about fulfilling the LSA language requirement, the language programs, and pursuing a concentration or minor in a language in LSA. Also, we encourage students to visit each department table at the fair to learn about:
* Spring/Summer/Fall 2010 course offerings
* Department services offered such as advising, career workshops, alumni networking, etc.
* Community offerings to support language learning such as language clubs,tutoring, conversation hours, films, book clubs, etc.
* Study-abroad and internship-abroad opportunities
The following departments plan to participate in the LSA Language Fair:
* The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures (French, Italian,Portuguese, Spanish)
* Germanic Languages and Literatures (German, Dutch, Swedish)
* Slavic Languages and Literatures (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Czech,Polish, Russian, Ukrainian)
* Near Eastern Studies (Arabic, Armenian, Hebrew, Persian, Turkish)
* Asian Languages and Literatures (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian,Javanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, Tibetan, Sanskrit, Urdu, Hindi,Punjabi, Tamil)
* Classics (Ancient and Modern Greek, Latin)
* Center for AfroAmerican and African Studies (Akan, Bamana, Swahili,Wolof, Zulu)
* American Culture (Ojibwe)
* Center for Judaic Studies (Yiddish)