After our third and final "visioning session" with local SiD alumni in early October 2018, and with input from faculty and staff, SiD established the following goals for our 10th Anniversary celebration:
- Reconnect our alumni and friends to the city, the program, and each other in an immersive, respectful, and thoughtful way.
- Highlight the invaluable work of Semester in Detroit’s community partners.
- Celebrate 10 years of community partnerships and to inspire new and continued partnerships in the future.
- Challenge us to create meaningful and sustainable practices to share leadership with our Detroit community partners for the future development and direction of Semester in Detroit.
- Reflect on our first decade and spark programmatic evolutions that continue to engage Detroit and Detroiters with respect, solidarity, and justice.