After our third and final "visioning session" with local SiD alumni in early October, and with input from faculty and staff, we are proud to share with the entire SiD community our goals for the 10th Anniversary celebrations to be held during the weekend of April 5-7, 2019:
- Reconnect our alumni and friends to the city, the program, and each other in an immersive, respectful, and thoughtful way.
- Highlight the invaluable work of Semester in Detroit’s community partners.
- Celebrate 10 years of community partnerships and to inspire new and continued partnerships in the future.
- Challenge us to create meaningful and sustainable practices to share leadership with our Detroit community partners for the future development and direction of Semester in Detroit.
- Reflect on our first decade and spark programmatic evolutions that continue to engage Detroit and Detroiters with respect, solidarity, and justice.
We need your help to accomplish these goals! To volunteer, please get in touch with Emily Zonder, SiD Alum (Fall '17) and 10th Anniversary Coordinator. There are lots of ways to help:
- Join a Planning Team (housing, education, entertainment, logistics, and more!)
- Become an Outreach Liaison and help reach out to your cohort to motivate them to attend
- Make a donation to help support travel for alumni with less means
Look forward to seeing you next spring in Detroit!