Getting into the college of your dreams is a big deal. But, deciding how you'll fund your education can take just as much creative thinking. That's why we're here!
Each year, we award Four-Year Renewable Scholarships to students who need a little extra help covering the cost of their studies. The awards are made based on a student's scholarship application, their Undergraduate Admissions Application, and their financial need, as demonstrated by their FAFSA and CSS profile. Our awards are made after a student receives their initial package from the Office of Financial Aid, so we are often able to replace high-interest loans or unmet need with our scholarships.
Those who apply to the Four-Year Renewable Scholarship program are also considered for any and all merit scholarship programs available to first-year LSA students. Want to learn more about the requirements and the application process? Read on for more details.
For qualified LSA students, the Four-Year Renewable Scholarship covers educational expenses such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks.
Award amounts vary. For in-state students, awards range from $5,000 to $10,000. For out-of-state students, awards range from $7,500 to $20,000. All Four-Year Renewable Scholarships are renewable for four years of undergraduate study, provided students maintain eligibility by completing their requirements each academic year.
The Four-Year Renewable Scholarship Application opens at the end of December, and closes on June 1st. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and students will receive notifications February through April.
To qualify for a Four-Year Renewable Scholarship, a student:
- Must be an undergraduate admitted to and intending to pursue a degree program in the College of LSA.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (i.e. possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid. (Exception: students applying only for merit scholarships).
- Must have a FAFSA and CSS profile on file with the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and must renew their FAFSA annually for need-based scholarships. (Exception: students applying only for merit scholarships)
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) each term.
To maintain their Four-Year Renewable Scholarship, a student:
- Must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Must complete at least 20 hours of volunteer service over the course of each academic year.
- Must complete a Thank You Survey.*
- Must attend the Scholarship Welcome Reception that occurs during their first fall semester.*
- Must attend any special events where their donor will also be in attendance.*
*We will provide details to students when these requirements arise.
Follow the link below to begin the Four-Year Renewable Scholarship Application. The application process has two steps.
Step one: Begin by completing our general application. When asked which scholarship program you are applying to, click the box for "Four-Year Renewable Scholarship."
Step two: Once the general application has been submitted, you will then be directed to complete the application for the Four-Year Renewable Scholarship program. Submit this application for full consideration.