Learning knows no season. That's why many LSA students choose to continue their studies over the spring and summer terms. If you're considering taking courses or enrolling in an off-campus program, our scholarships can help make your spring and summer a breeze!
The Spring/Summer Scholarship covers educational expenses such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks. These scholarships can also be used toward off-campus programs including Semester in Detroit (SiD), New England Literature Program (NELP), Biological Station (BS), and Camp Davis (CD).
The Spring/Summer Scholarship amount is based on a student's financial need and can range anywhere from $500 to $10,000 per year. These awards are non-renewable, but you can apply for them every year.
The application for spring/summer opens on January 1st and closes on March 29th. Applicants will receive notifications in mid April.
To qualify for an LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship, a student:
- Must be an undergraduate registered full-time (6+ credit hours per term) and pursuing a degree program (or MDDP) in the College of LSA.
- Must be a continuing student who has completed at least their first semester by the start of spring term.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (i.e. possess a green card).
- Must apply for and receive need-based support through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Must have a FAFSA and CSS profile on file with the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) and must renew their FAFSA annually.
Please note: we generally allow full-time exceptions to students taking classes through Camp Davis and Biological Station, as well as graduating seniors who need less than 6 credits to graduate by the end of summer.
All eligible LSA students are encouraged to apply through our Spring/Summer Scholarship application. Follow the link below to get started. There are three steps.
Step one: Begin by completing the general application. When asked which scholarship program you are applying to, click the box for "Spring/Summer Scholarship."
Step two: Once the general application has been submitted, you will then be directed to complete the Spring/Summer Scholarship application. Submit this application for full consideration.
Step three: Once you have completed our application process, you must complete and submit a separate Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form to the Office of Financial Aid.