- Search News
- Archived News
- Semester in Detroit wins LSA Web Editors Award
- RC Instructor Santiago Colas on the LSA Home Page!
- Elizabeth Goodenough in the New York Times
- "Blood in the Water" nominated for LA Times Book Award
- RC Alumna Wendy Goldberg at the Tonys
- RC Alumna Kate Hoin in the news
- Heather Ann Thompson publishes an article in "The Conversation"
Heather Ann Thompson, Professor of History at in the Department of Afro-American and African Studies (DAAS), the Residential College, and the Department of History at the University of Michigan has not remained silent about recent incidents of escalating violence. In addiiton to a contribution to the Huffington Post blog, Dr. Thompson was recently interviewed by The Nation on IWW and the organization of prison labor; by Newsweek on a murder committed by a Mississippi prison's Aryan brotherhood; and by CNN on the Orlando mass shootings on June 12.
Dr. Thompson writes about the history as well as current crises of mass incarceration and teaches in the RC Social Theory and Practice Program.