As all RC students are also LSA students, they must also complete LSA distribution requirements during their time at the University of Michigan. Unique to the RC are the following requirements:
- Participation in a First Year Writing Seminar with a maximum of 15 students anchored in writing, revision, and analytical discussion. Restricted to RC students. This course fulfills LSA's First Year Writing requirement and Honors First Year Writing requirement.
- Completion of one of the five RC Semi-Immersion Foreign Language Sequences (Spanish, French, Russian, German, or Japanese) through achievement of proficiency and enrollment in an advanced Readings course. A student may also meet equivalent competency in an LSA foreign language not offered in the RC. This sequence fulfills LSA's foreign language requirement, typically in less time, and continues with the additional advanced Readings course.
- Fulfillment of Art Practicum through creative expression course-based experience through RC Creative Arts courses, or LSA course options. This course fulfills LSA's Creative Expression requirement.
- For RC students who pursue LSA Majors (non-RC majors), completion of four additional RC courses is required beyond these requirements (a specific number of credits is not required). These courses may also overlap with LSA distribution requirements.
- Live within the RC Community in East Quad for a student's first and second years at UM.