- Psychology Department Handbook
- Core Assay Facility (CAF)
- Creating Websites & Lab Website Support
- Faculty Resources
- Library Resources & Services
- Paid Subject Pool
- Psychology East Hall Floor Plan
- Recharge Rates
- Research Funding
- Research Technical Services (RTS)
- Room Schedules & Reservations
- SharePoint Help & Support
- U-M Research Resources
- Volunteer Form
- Directory Profile Support
The Psychology Department encourages faculty to seek externally sponsored research funding.
Business office staff are available to answer questions, assist with budgeting, compilation of the proposal package, preparing and routing the UM Proposal Approval Form (PAF) to the required UM units, and overseeing project financial activity after the award is received.
If you are considering submitting a research proposal, please send an email to email@example.com. You will then receive specific timing information on due dates for sections of your proposal, and more details about getting the process started.
Grant Submission Resources
- Timeline for Grant Submission (PDF)
- LSA Budget Template (Excel)
- Gateway to Internal Funding (eGIF)
- U-M Research Website
- U-M Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) Website
- NRSA Fellowship Proposal Information (PDF)
- SharePoint Grant Proposal Repository
- NRSA Panel Notes - August 26, 2015
- NRSA Panel Recording (audio file) - August 26, 2015
- U-M Library Research Funding and Grants Guide
- The U–M Research Website provides information about internal (U–M) and external research funding opportunities.
- Community of Science (COS) Website (can be personalized, so researchers will receive only those notices that pertain to their particular interests)
- Foundation Relations works with faculty, staff, and administrators to pursue funding opportunities from professional and private foundations. Services include: identify potential funding opportunities, proposal development strategy and review, assist with limited submission process, answer questions regarding specific foundations and their requirements, and assist with foundation contacts and communications.
- ORSP Archive of Newsletters
LSA Grant Submission Resource
Steve Beach (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available to work with any of you and your departmental research administration structure to:
- help to find Sponsors external to UM
- use eGIF for internal funding
- come up with a realistic budget
- read your project proposal against sponsor information for suggestions
- provide access to successful examples of funded projects
- get you connected with departmental Research Administrators
Please feel free to contact Peggy and/or Steve directly if you want to talk more about a project you are working on. They are happy to work with you whether you are already working on a grant proposal or whether you are in the very first stages of a project idea and aren't sure what funding sources might be available.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Helpful Tools
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- NIH eRA Commons Login website
- NIH Website for the Grants.gov Electronic Submission Process
- NIH Application guide for the Grants.gov submission process (SF424 R&R)
- NIH Grant Writing Tips
- NIH (NIAID) Grant Tutorials and Proposal Package Samples
Note: Even though this is from NIAID, it is quite generic and applies to all new investigators.