WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) will hold a meeting to receive the report of Commissioners Chai Feldblum and Victoria Lipnic, Co-Chairs of the EEOC Select Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace.
In January 2015, EEOC Chair Jenny R. Yang announced the formation of the Select Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace, to be co-chaired by EEOC Commissioners Feldblum and Lipnic. The Select Task Force, consisting of management and plaintiffs' attorneys, representatives of advocacy groups for employees and for employers, and academics who have studied harassment, held hearings looking into all aspects of workplace harassment and methods for preventing and addressing it. The Select Task Force was not charged with preparing a consensus report, but rather with providing knowledge and diverse viewpoints to inform the final report prepared by the Co-Chairs. At this meeting, Commissioners Feldblum and Lipnic will present the findings of their report to their colleagues and the public, including their proposed reboot of workplace harassment prevention efforts.
At the June 20 meeting, the following are confirmed to testify:
- Contonius Gill, Charging Party, EEOC v. A.C. Widenhouse, Inc.
- The Honorable Chai R. Feldblum, Commissioner, EEOC and Co-Chair of the Select Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace
- The Honorable Victoria A. Lipnic, Commissioner, EEOC and Co-Chair of the Select Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace
- Joseph M. Sellers, Partner, Cohen Milstein and Member of the Select Task Force
- Rae T. Vann, General Counsel, Equal Employment Advisory Council and Member of the Select Task Force
- Lilia Cortina, Professor of Psychology and Women's Studies, University of Michigan
- Fran Sepler, President, Sepler & Associates
Further information about EEOC is available on its website at www.eeoc.gov.