- Doctoral Student Awards & Funding Opportunities
- Embedded Masters
- GSI Teaching
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
- Graduate Student Annual Report
The Rackham International Student Fellowship assists outstanding international students, particularly those who may be ineligible for other kinds of support because of citizenship. The amount of these awards is $10,000 and may be used as stipend or tuition. Students may receive this award only once.
Any Rackham program on the Ann Arbor campus may nominate up to two international graduate students who have successfully completed one year of graduate study and are in good academic standing as a master’s or pre-candidate student. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are not eligible. Nominees must be registered for at least three (3) credits if a master's student or for six (6) credits if a pre-candidate student in the term of nomination as well as in the following academic term.
If programs wish to nominate one or more students eligible for the Chia-Lun Lo Fellowship, they may nominate up to three students for this combined competition.
Students are nominated by their program for this award. Students should contact their program regarding their selection process.
Programs may submit the nomination, including the following:
- Personal statement from the nominee describing his/her research and future goals (1,500 words);
- Letter of recommendation from the nominee’s faculty advisor or graduate chair, noting achievement and
promise, previous sources of support, and other funding circumstances;
- Current curriculum vitae (c.v.)
- Statement of Student Achievement and Potential, including a brief statement by the graduate program chair regarding the qualifications of the nominee and the selection process used (1,500 words). This will be obtained by the SAA Office for each nominee.
The SAA Committee will review all applications submitted and select two applications that will be forwarded to Rackham for the competition. Materials can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 9/25/2017