- Doctoral Student Awards & Funding Opportunities
- Embedded Masters
- GSI Teaching
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
- Graduate Student Annual Report
The Debt Management Awards were established by anonymous donors to encourage Rackham doctoral students to pursue public interest careers upon completing their graduate degrees. This award is designed to lighten the financial burden for students with sizable loan debt who will pursue public interest careers.
Students who are enrolled full-time and have reached candidacy in the following Rackham doctoral programs: Social Work and Social Science, all doctoral programs in Public Policy and Public Health, Nursing, Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. Students must have spent at least 2 years in community service prior to beginning graduate school; must intend to return to public service careers in the United States upon graduation; and must carry student-related debt accrued during the undergraduate and/or graduate years. Participating graduate programs may nominate no more than three students.
Selection will be based upon academic merit, commitment to public service in the United States, and financial need.
At least four one-time awards of up to $10,000 will be made.
Students apply directly to Rackham
- Personal statement, which includes a brief statement of your past community service work and intent to pursue a public service career in the United States upon graduation (1,500 words)
- Letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor regarding your academic progress and promise of achievement
- Statement regarding your current means of support (including source, amount and length of support) and living expenses (1,500 words)
- Amount of your student loans, subsidized and unsubsidized, and amount of yearly interest on unsubsidized student loans (1,500 words)
- Current curriculum vitae (c.v.)
For more information about this fellowship, please see the Rackham website.
Application Deadline: 4/20/2018