- Doctoral Student Awards & Funding Opportunities
- Embedded Masters
- GSI Teaching
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
This award was established by the family and friends of the late Ruth Catherine Hamill. Ruth graduated in 1980 from the Psychology PhD program, in the Social Psychology Area. This award shall be used for the following or similar purpose — to provide an award to a graduate student (with preference given to women) conducting or presenting research in social psychology; the award may be used for travel or other expenses related to research. The total award will be approximately $1000.
Who Should Apply?
Any graduate student in the Social Psychology Area may apply for this award, however, preference will be given to female students.
Interested applicants should submit the following to the Social Area Chair, Dr. Shinobu Kitayama, email@example.com:
- A 2-3 page proposal describing the research or presentation you plan to do and an explanation of how you will use the money
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of support from your advisor
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017