- Doctoral Student Awards & Funding Opportunities
- Embedded Masters
- GSI Teaching
- Dissertation Forms and Requirements
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
- Graduate Student Annual Report
The Pillsbury Graduate Research Award was established in honor of Professor Walter B. Pillsbury by his son, Walter M. Pillsbury. Walter B. Pillsbury was the first Chairman of the Psychology Department from 1919-1942. The award is designed to support research expenses of advanced graduate students in psychology and will provide multiple awards, not to exceed $1,000.
Who Should Apply?
This award is intended to support research expenses of students in good standing who have achieved candidacy.
Any graduate student in good standing who has achieved candidacy at the time of application is eligible to apply. Applications should first be submitted to your Area Chair. Students can receive this award only one time and must be in the regular 5-year funding plan.
Each Area can nominate one student for this award. Students interested in applying must provide the following materials to their Area Chair. Check with your Area Chair to see if the Area has an earlier deadline date.
- A description of your proposed research project (2 pages, double-spaced maximum)
- A detailed budget justification (one page maximum)
- A letter of support from your faculty advisor that also indicates approval of the budget justification
- A Curriculum Vitae
Area Chairs should submit their nomination materials to the Student Academic Affairs Office or send as an email attachment to email@example.com by the deadline.
Application Deadline: 1/11/2018