Positions will be posted for Summer 2018 starting in early October. Applications generally take place between November and February, although depending on industry and location the timing may vary. The first deadline for many summer 2018 applications will be Oct. 15, 2017; after that, any unfilled positions will re-open and the process will continue until all opportunities are filled.
Have questions or want to talk with us directly? Come to drop-in hours in 2113 LSA anytime Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to noon, or email us!
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the India Internship Initiative:
- Students must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. Graduate students or students at other universities or U-M campuses are not eligible to apply.
- Students must be returning to U-M Ann Arbor as enrolled students in the fall semester following the internship. Graduating seniors are not eligible to apply.
If you are placed in an internship abroad through the India Internship Initiative, you must complete the following requirements at the stated times:
At any point before or during your internship, you must:
- Inform the LSA Global Opportunities team and the company you were placed with if your plans change in any way, such as if your internship dates change or if you decide not to participate in the III at all.
- Read all emails from the LSA Global Opportunities team and the company you are placed with and respond/act in a timely manner, if response or action is required.
Prior to departing for your internship, you must:
- Attend ONE Health & Safety Workshop and swipe your M-Card upon arrival as proof of attendance.
- Attend the International Internship Pre-Departure, which is usually held after the end of winter semester classes on a day that does not have final exams scheduled.
- Complete all pre-departure health and safety requirements in M-Compass. For more information about these requirements, please refer to the page about Health & Safety.
- Ensure that you obtain necessary work authorization for the country you are traveling to, if applicable, such as a visa.
During your internship, you must:
- Blog once per week during your internship (on the LSA Opportunity Hub blog, which is viewable by the public).
After your internship, you must:
- Attend the International Internship Reunion, which is usually held after the start of fall classes.
- Produce a digital poster about your experience to present at the International Internship Showcase, which is usually held in October following the internship.
The India Internship Initiative is a collaborative effort between the LSA Opportunity Hub and the College of Engineering Career Resource Center. If accepted to one of the III positions, students pursuing a degree in LSA or Engineering may be eligible for a $1,000 stipend from the III program.
How to Apply
- LSA Students should apply on the LSA Opportunity Network
- College of Engineering Students should apply through Engineering Careers
- Non-LSA and Non-CoE students should apply through this Qualtrics Form
The first deadline for the India Internship Initiative is October 15, 2017. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, until positions have been filled (usually around February).