Skip to Content

Get An Override

In order to enroll in ALA 225 and earn academic credit for your internship, you will need an override. Here's what you need to keep in mind:

  • You must already be accepted to an internship for the summer or term you are applying in.
  • You must have an offer letter from your employer as a Word or PDF attachment. 
  • Your internship must meet the requirements: for spring/summer, it must be a minimum of 6 weeks and at least 25 hours per week, and for fall/winter, internships must last throughout the semester and be at least 10 hours per week.
  • You must apply for an override before the start of your internship.


Step 1: Log-in to the LSA Opportunity Network

Step 2: Under the ALA Courses section on the right, click "ALA 225 Enrollment"

Step 3: Click “Register an Opportunity”

Step 4: Complete and submit the registration form. Don't forget to attach an official letter from your employer that says your exact start and end date; the number of hours you'll work per week; and your supervisor's name, title, and email address. 

Step 5: Your application will be reviewed by the LSA Opportunity Hub team, at which time you will receive directions for next steps. Please allow up to 2 weeks for this process to be completed.

NOTE: If your employer requires a letter verifying that you will receive credit, please email us at

DEADLINES: Applications must be submitted on or before the deadline for each semester. 

Spring/Summer: July 1
Fall: September 30
Winter: January 31