The James Madison Fellowship offers $24,000 James Madison Graduate Fellowships to individuals desiring to become outstanding teachers of the American Constitution at the secondary school level. Fellowship applicants compete only against other applicants from the states of their legal residence. As funding permits, the Foundation plans to offer one fellowship per state per year.
Institutional Endorsement: This fellowship does not require institutional endorsement; applications must be submitted directly to the James Madison Memorial Foundation.
Application Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted online no later than March 1 of each year. Transcript(s) must be received at the Saint Peter, MN, office address before or on March 1. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online by March 6.
· Be a U.S. citizen
· Be a teacher, or plan to become a teacher, of American History, American government, or civics classes where you will teach topics on the Constitution at the secondary level (grades 7-12)
· Possess a bachelor’s degree or plan to receive a bachelor’s degree no later than August 31 of the year in which you are applying
· Register online
· Complete the online application
· Upload transcripts
· Recommendation letters must be submitted online
· For detailed application instructions, please click here.