- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- "RayFest" Honors Professor Ray Van Dam
- Leap Year: A Glitch in Time
- The Humanity of the Medieval Wildman
- How Islam Became a Matter of State
- Sharon Herbert named Distinguished University Professor
- Linda Gregerson to present Henry Russel Lecture
- Helmut Puff Named Director of Eisenberg Institute of Historical Studies
- Peggy McCracken Appointed to Lead U-M Institute for the Humanities
- The Impostor Sea: A Report from the Archives
- All Events
Sara Ann Knutson was awarded an Arthur Fondiler History Award as well as a Virginia L. Voss Memorial Award for excellence in writing by senior Honors women for her thesis "Bridges to Eternity: Women, Conversion, and Religion in Viking-Age Sweden" (advised by Kit French). In the fall, she will enter the M.Phil. Program in Archaeology at the University of Cambridge.
Stephanie Leitzel was awarded an Arthur Fondiler History Award for her thesis "May the Road Rise to Meet You: Early Medieval Monastic Settlement along Ireland's Ancient Highways" (advised by Paolo Squatriti). She has been accepted into the Ph.D. Program in History at Harvard University.