- All News
- Search News
- Department Hosts High School Math Competition
- LaRose Named Collegiate Lecturer
- Kriz Elected to the Learned Society of the Czech Republic
- Young Alumni Spotlight
- Graduate Student Robert Walker recognized at CAARMS Conference
- Fomin Receives Steele Prize
- Special Lecture on Statistics and Modeling
- Fintzen Awarded Dissertation Prize
- Anna Gilbert’s Project Funded by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Neriman Tokcan Receives Michigan Precision Health Scholar Award
- Lagarias Named Distinguished University Professor
- Forger's Research on Math and Music Featured in SIAM Article
- Trachette Jackson Featured in Forbes Article
- Barvinok to Give Simons Lectures at MIT
- Undergraduates Amanda Burcroff and Noah McNeal receive Marshall Scholarships
- Michigan Reception at the 2019 Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Deniz Bilman receives Honored Instructor Award
- Math Milestones
- Special Events
- Archived News
- Smale and Rajapakse Explore Mathematics and Biology
- Jackson and Smith highlighted in AMS Notices article on History of Women in Mathematics
- All Events
Trevor Hyde and Joe Kraisler have received Rackham Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Awards.
The Rackham Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor awards recognize the efforts and accomplishments of GSIs who demonstrate extraordinary dedication and excellence as teachers. A University-wide award, only 20 graduate students are recognized annually.
Trevor is a 5th year graduate student who received his undergraduate degree from Amherst
College. He is working with Michael Zieve and studies various topics within Number Theory. As a GSI, Trevor has taught Calculus 1-3, and this term he is serving as the co-coordinator for Math 116.
Joe is a 4th year graduate student who received his undergraduate degree for Penn State. He is studying Quantum Optics under the direction of John Schotland. As a GSI, Joe has taught Calculus 1-3, and has also served as the co-coordinator for Math 116 for a semester.