You are encouraged to consider volunteering a few hours of your time to help introduce students to computer science via Hour of Code during the Ann Arbor Public Schools' Computer Science Education Week. A kick-off meeting takes place on November 7 from 2-4 pm at the Hatcher Graduate Library, and while we would love to see you there, you are not required to attend in order to volunteer.
What to expect as a volunteer:
- Dates available to sign up are November 27–December 8.
- Sessions are one hour (please allow an additional 2 hours for prep).
- The teacher will pick a topic.
- You will review the exercise before class.
- You will prepare a brief statement about your work in IT.
- Materials needed will be in the classroom.
To sign up to volunteer:
You will be notified via email in November your match with a school and teacher, the school location, and where to check-in.
For more information on the program, please visit code.org.