Registration is now open for the Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery & Engineering (MICDE) 2016 Symposium, scheduled for April 7, 2016 in the Rackham Building. The event will feature an outstanding group of speakers:
- Irene Qualters, Director, NSF Division of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
- Linda Petzold, 2016 SIAM awardee, Professor of Computational Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Mark Taylor, DOE Secretary's Honor Award winner 2014, Chief Computational Scientist, Accelerated Climate Modeling for Energy, Sandia National Laboratory
- James Sethian, AMS/SIAM Norbert Wiener Prize winner, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley
- Zoltan Cendes, Co-Founder (retired) of Ansoft Corp. (now part of ANSYS)
- U-M faculty: Ann Jeffers, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Shravan Veerapaneni, Mathematics; and Alberto Figueroa, Biomedical Engineering and Vascular Surgery.
The symposium will also include a poster competition for graduate students aimed at showcasing the quality of U-M students' research. Winning posters, as voted on by attendees, will be awarded $500 for first place, and $250 for second place. More information about the poster competition is available here.
To register for the Symposium and/or to submit a poster, please fill out this form.