Users of high performance computing resources are invited to meet Flux operators and support staff in person at an upcoming user meeting!
Users of high performance computing resources are invited to meet Flux operators and support staff in person at an upcoming user meeting:
Note: There were some announcements of meeting 12/19 that was moved to THIS FRIDAY 12/12. There will be no meet-up on the 19th.
There is not a set agenda; come at anytime and stay as long as you please. You can come and talk about your use of any sort of computational resource, Flux, Nyx, XSEDE, Amazon, or other.
Ask any questions you may have. The Flux staff will work with you on your specific projects, or just show you new things that can help you optimize your research.
This is also a good time to meet other researchers doing similar work.
This is open to anyone interested; it is not limited to Flux users.
Examples of potential topics:
- What Flux/ARC services are there, and how to access them?
- How to make the most of PBS and learn its features specific to your work?
- I want to do X, do you have software capable of it?
- What is special about GPU/Xeon Phi/Accelerators?
- Are there resources for people without budgets?
- I want to apply for grant X, but it has certain limitations. What support can ARC provide?
- I want to learn more about the compiler and debugging?
- I want to learn more about performance tuning, can you look at my code with me?
Brock Palen (moderator)