Meet the Flux operators and your ARC support staff in person!
The High Performance Computing staff from all campuses will be having open user meetings over the next few months. These are not organized meetings, come at anytime and stay as long as you please.
This is a chance to meet the Flux operators and your ARC support staff in person. Feel free to show up to talk about your use of any sort of computational resource, Flux, Xsede, or other.
Ask any questions you may have. The Flux/ARC staff will work with you on your specific projects, or to just learn new things that can help you optimize your research.
This is also a good time to meet other researchers doing similar work.
This is open to anyone interested, it is not limited to Flux users.
Examples you could learn about include:
- What Flux/ARC services are there, and how to get access to them?
- How to make the most of PBS and learn its features specific to your work?
- I want to do X, do you have software capable of it?
- What is special about GPU/Xeon Phi/Accelerators?
- Are there resources for people without budgets?
- I want to apply for grant X it has these limitations what support can ARC provide?
- I want to learn more about the compiler and debugging?
- I want to learn more about performance tuning, can you look at my code with me?