The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology recognizes the diversity of our visitors, and we offer a variety of programs and services to ensure the accessibility of the Museum and its collection.
For general access information, call 734.764.4167.
For program information, call 734.764.4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the University of Michigan and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion:
NEW! CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
- The ramp at the entrance to Newberry Hall on State Street will not be available during construction. Please continue to use our accessible entrance on Maynard Street. If you are attending a program in the Newberry Hall, please call 734.764.9304 or email email@example.com, so we can make arrangements for the entry to the Museum.
- The sidewalk north of the Museum will be closed during construction. There was a crosswalk established across State Street in front of the Kelsey Museum entrance.
- All public areas of the Museum are wheelchair accessible. The Maynard Street entrance has power assist doors and there is elevator access to the second floor and Museum gift shop.
- All events in the Museum are wheelchair accessible; however doors in the Newberry Wing are not on power assist.
- The Museum does not provide mobility devices but welcomes your personal walkers, wheelchairs, and motorized wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on the first and second floor of the Upjohn Wing. Elevators are located throughout the Museum.
- There are permanent benches in several locations in the gallery.
Accessible Parking Locations
- East William Street, near the corner of East William Street and Maynard Street (1 space).
- Follow Maynard Street to the Kelsey Museum (on left past Helen Newberry Residence). Use the sidewalk past the Museum (south side) to access the ramp to the Maynard entrance.
- South State Street, across the street from the Kelsey Museum (1 space). Crosswalks are available at William Street and at a pedestrian crosswalk south of the parking space. Proceed down South State Street to the Kelsey Museum. Use the sidewalk to the south of the Museum to access the Maynard Street entrance.
- Maynard Parking Structure, on Maynard Street, north of the Kelsey Museum (14 spaces). Travel south on Maynard Street (to your right if coming from the Maynard side of the structure/ left if exiting on Thompson Street). Follow Maynard Street to the Kelsey Museum (on left past Helen Newberry Residence). Use the sidewalk past the Museum (south side) to access the ramp to the Maynard entrance.
Please refer to the accessible parking map for more information.