Does your child dream of becoming an archaeologist or just love to dig? Is your camp group looking for a fun, engaging activity? Join us for Excavations at Kelsopolis, our kid-friendly archaeological mock dig at the Kelsey Museum. This is a great activity for kids ages 5-10 interested in archaeology and history! The Excavations at Kelsopolis program is $2 per child- adults are free.
The program will include:
- A short tour to see some of our favorite Egyptian artifacts
- Digging in our mini dig pits to find replica artifacts*
- Sketching what you find just like an archaeologist
- Practice reassembling artifact replicas
There are two ways to participate:
1. Register for one of our open sessions (max 12 children in each session) by calling 734.647.4167:
- July 28th at 10:00-11:30 or 2:00-3:30
- August 4th at 10:00-11:30 or 2:00-3:30
- August 11th at 10:00-11:30 or 2:00-3:30
2. If you are a camp group, scouting group, or know you will have more than 12 children attending, please contact the Education office (734.647.4167) to schedule a time for your group! This activity will be available until August 11th! (Maximum number of participants is 24)
*Please note that none of the replica artifacts can be taken home.