Blue Jeans Meeting
A Standard Blue Jeans Meeting is an interactive video conference where participants can see and hear you and you can see and hear them.
A Blue Jeans Meeting allows you to:
- Connect up to 100 locations at once (ie: up to 100 students in different locations)
- If you have more than this, you must use Blue Jeans Primetime - see below
- Share screen content such as PowerPoint or websites
- Provide for text chat as well as spoken conversation
- Support connections with computers, iOS and Android devices, and telephones
- Allow participants to speak and be heard and seen by all
- Provide for HD recording on demand
Get started by looking through the content below!
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or for hands-on support for your class or event.
Devices Blue Jeans will work on
- A computer (PC, Mac, or Linux) with camera & microphone (laptop or desktop).If you have earbuds or headphones, they can be very helpful
- A mobile iOS or Android device (smartphone or tablet)
- A plain telephone (no video)
Set up a Blue Jeans Room
[Note: this is limited to 100 simultaneous participants. If you have more than 100 people who only need to participate by text chat (eg: a review session), see the PrimeTime section below.]
- Go to: http://umich.bluejeans.com/
- Click LOGIN and type your U-M credentials if requested
- Confirm your role at U-M if it's your first Blue Jeans login
- Click Schedule Meeting along the left of the Blue Jeans account page
- Give your meeting
- A title
- A start & end time and date
- Invite attendees by entering their email addresses in the box provided (separate each email address with a comma)
- Under Advanced Settings, check Start Without Moderator, so that your attendees can join and talk with one another before you log in.
- If you have a group larger than 8, also click Mute on Entry, to help control potential audio feedback issues. Attendees can then hold down their space bar to talk freely.
- Click Save
- You will receive a confirmation email, which you should NOT forward, as it contains the code necessary to control/moderate any meeting you create. To add participants, return to the meeting on your account page, click Edit, add additional email addresses, and Save the result.
Connect to a Blue Jeans Room
- Click Join Meeting in the email invitation you received
- If the link is opened in Google Chrome, you'll be prompted to install a browser extension to enable the connection through the browser
- Standalone apps also exist for Mac, PC, iOS, and Android. These provide the best stability and the full range of available features. Installers are at http://bluejeans.com/downloads
- If your microphone is muted (red microphone icon on right of screen), your space bar is a push-and-hold-to-talk button. Staying muted when not speaking helps dampen any feedback in larger groups.
- To share a presentation, website, etc., click Share Screen on the right and choose the app you would like to share, or choose your entire screen.
Blue Jeans Primetime
Live-stream your lecture or 100+ Person Meeting with Blue Jeans Primetime!
Blue Jeans Primetime allows you to:
- Provide for a more controlled environment than standard Blue Jeans -- the student participants can see and hear you, but passive watchers can’t be seen or heard.
- Connect up to 5000 people watching a Blue Jeans meeting on a stream
- Provide text chat and a text Q&A section
- Allow passive watchers to be promoted to active discussants
- Provide for HD recording on demand
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to use Primetime or call 734-647-1534. Voicemail left there is sent to the entire team by email.