Want to engage students in between classes? Video record a short message or lecture right in Canvas Announcements with Kaltura Capturespace. Students appreciate personal communications and feel more connected to the instructor and the class. There’s no need to feel self-conscious as Snapchat, Skype, and Facebook Messenger are common ways for students to connect.
There are several great reasons instructors might want to communicate in a personal video.
- Provide weekly updates
- Deliver content or brief lecture
- Debrief from a sensitive discussion started in class
- Review a difficult concept or clarify a common misconception
- Update the class with a relevant current event
- Provide inspiration for an upcoming project
Recorded announcements help build stronger relationship with students, and it takes very little time. Canvas also makes it easy to create transcripts for each video. Review the documentation below to see how easy it is to get started. Want to learn more? Contact LSA-ISS at 734.615.0099 or lsa-iss-LTC@umich.edu