LSA Instructional Support Services has two equipment loan centers on the University of Michigan's Central Campus where LSA instructors, faculty, staff, and UM students enrolled in an LSA course may check out a wide variety of audio/visual and camera/video equipment for short-term loan (additional paperwork is required for any long-term loan request to be considered; please visit one of our two loan centers for more detail). Staff at our loan centers will gladly provide basic training and in-house support for anyone using our equipment.
Visit our two locations in Mason and the Modern Languages Building.
ISS Central Loan
G340 Mason Hall
Call either location for assistance during operating hours at 734.615.0100 (choose prompt 3).
ISS Media Center Loan
2001 Modern Language Building (MLB)
Fall Exam Hours:
To check out equipment, you must provide:
- A valid University of Michigan ID - (LSA affiliation required for the majority of Loan Equipment)
- The specific date and time you will return the equipment (within our maximum checkout limit)
- The UM building name and room number of where the equipment will be used (if you cannot provide a UM building name and class number, you will need to provide your local address)
- A phone number you can easily be reached at
- The class or event the equipment will be used for
While walk-in service is available, we strongly recommend that you make reservations at least a week in advance. You can make a reservation by
- Coming in to any loan center
- Calling 734.615.0100 (choose prompt 3)
- Emailing email@example.com (For 48-hrs in advance requests- please call or visit our offices for short notice requests)
- Visit our Equipment Catalog for the list of equipment.
*Please note that a reservation will cancel if you don't pick it up within 30 minutes of when you reserved it. Running Late? No problem! Give us a call and we'd be happy to push the reservation back.