1)Must obtain basic shop safety training and equipment specific training before using this machine. Must wear appropriate PPE and follow shop rules.
2)Keep all guards in place while operating the machine.
3)While operating the milling machine allow no one else to touch it.
4)Keep hands away from moving cutting tools.
5)Do not make measurements of stock while the milling machine spindle is rotating.
6)Do not allow large quantities of chips to accumulate around the work piece. After stopping the machine, and moving the work piece as far away from the tool as possible, use a brush or paper towel to remove excess chips from the part being machined.
7)Always use cutters that are sharp and in good condition.
8)Use paper towel or Kevlar gloves to handle sharp cutting tools.
9)Cutting tools must be securely fastened in the mill spindle, with the proper accessory.
10)Make sure the cutting tool is clear of the work piece before starting the machine.
11) Make sure cutter is rotating in the proper direction before cutting material.
12) Do not power machine to tighten or loosen cutting bits or tools.
13) Work pieces and stock must be rigidly fastened to the mill table with clamps, a vise or special fixtures.
14) Use appropriate speeds and feeds for the type and size of cutter being used and the material being machined. Consult instrument maker for assistance.
15) Always use the proper cutting fluids for the material being cut.
16) Do not place anything on the milling machine table, such as wrenches, or precision tools.
17) Always stay at the machine while it is running.
18) Use the milling machine spindle brake to stop the spindle after the power has been turned off.
19) At the end of your work on the mill, when cleaning the machine table and vise, remove cutter from spindle to avoid cutting yourself.
20) After brushing chips off, wipe off excess oils and residue with paper towel.