The University of Michigan Institute for the Humanities announces a one-year postdoctoral fellowship in the areas of migration and immigration. Qualified applicants must have received the Ph.D. in a humanities field between June 1, 2017 and August 31, 2019, and their research must be related to migration and/or immigration.
The application deadline is Monday, March 18, 2018 at 5 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have completed a Ph.D. at the University of Michigan in a humanities or humanistic social science field.
- Ph.D. conferred between June 1, 2017 and August 31, 2019; degree in hand by August 31, 2019.
- Ph.D. research must be related to migration and/or immigration.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received an Institute for the Humanities Graduate Student Fellowship.
- One year Postdoctoral Fellowship, September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020, the fellowship will not be renewed.
- Be in residence at the Institute for the Humanities.
- Attend and actively participate in the weekly Fellows Seminar at the Institute for the Humanities.
- Present one FellowSpeak talk; attend all FellowSpeak talks.
- Attend Institute academic programming related to immigration and migration.
- Lead a UROP team of 3-4 undergraduate students on a research project related to the candidate’s scholarly work.
- Teach a one-, two- or three-credit course in one or both academic semesters related to migration and/or immigration.
- Cover letter explaining the research’s relevance to immigration and/or migration and describing the applicant’s career plans
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Writing sample – not to exceed 40, double-spaced pages
- Public Humanities UROP Research proposal – not to exceed two double-spaced pages. The proposal should fit under the rubric of migration and/or immigration and can be closely related to the applicant’s own research. The project must involve a research team of 3-4 undergraduate students.
- Above items submitted as one PDF document to HI-PostDocLetters@umich.edu
- Two confidential letters of recommendation (see below)
Confidential letter of recommendation submitted electronically to HI-PostDocLetters@umich.edu by Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Notification of Applicants:
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email within a few days of the deadline indicating a complete application package has been received (including recommendation letters).
- Please ensure a current mailing address is listed at the top of the CV. Notification will be to the address on the CV or via email to the address from which the application is received.
- Applicants will be notified in writing by May 17, 2019.
- All application materials and the selection committee evaluations’ are confidential. The Institute regrets it is unable to provide feedback on individual applications.