The University of Michigan Institute for the Humanities announces a one-year postdoctoral fellowship in the area of “Humanities and Environments,” the Institute’s theme for 2018-19. Qualified applicants must have received a PhD in a humanities field from the University of Michigan between June 1, 2016 and August 31, 2018, and their research must be related to the 2018-19 theme.
Fellowship requirements include:
- Be in residence at the Institute for the Humanities, Ann Arbor campus.
- Attend and actively participate in the weekly Fellows Seminar at the Institute for the Humanities.
- Present one FellowSpeak talk; attend all FellowSpeak talks.
- Attend Institute academic programming related to the “Humanities and Environments” theme.
- Lead a UROP team of 3-4 undergraduate students on a research project related to the candidate’s scholarly work and to the Institute’s theme of “Humanities and Environments.”
- At candidate’s discretion, teach a one-credit mini-course in one or both academic semesters related to Humanities and Environments.
For more information, including applicant criteria and how to apply, view the posting on the U-M careers site. The application deadline is Monday, March 5, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.