- Humanities Institute Graduate Student Fellowships
- GTC+ Grants
- U-M Professional Development Resources for Humanities Graduate Students
- Writing Communities
- Modes of Scholarly Communication
- Presentations to Different Kinds of Audiences
- Attending Conferences
- Managing the Public Profile
- Teaching and Pedagogy
- Digital Skills and Tools
- Human Subjects Research
- Project Management
- Grant Proposal Writing and Budgeting
- Writing and Communication
- Institutional Leadership
- Opportunities with Regard to Multiple Career Horizons
- Preparing for the Academic Job Search
- Preparing for the Search for Other Kinds of Academic Positions
- Preparing for the Search for Positions Outside the Academy
- Public Scholarship and Community Engagement
- HWW Predoctoral Career Diversity Summer Workshop
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute
Preparing CV and Cover Letters
Rackham-CRLT May Seminar on Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) is a nationally recognized program to prepare doctoral students for academic positions. To download information and useful tips from previous years, please check out handouts from the 2015 PFF, 2014 PFF, and 2012 Winter Seminar Series.
CRLT Preparing Future Faculty Web Resources enlists different types of academic jobs, how to navigate the academic job market, and strategies for success at any stage of one’s academic career, from graduate student to postdoc to full professor.
The U-M Career Center has tips on writing your curriculum vita. The Center also offers workshops during fall and winter semesters on preparing academic materials, including cv. To register for these workshops, please visit their handshake site.
Preparing Materials for the Search: Statements of Research, Teaching, and Diversity
CRLT has an extensive set of guidelines on how to write a teaching philosophy statement, with assessment rubric and examples.
Rackham Graduate School holds regular events during fall and winter semesters with Sally Schmall or the Career Center, covering topics such as preparing elevator pitches and networking using LinkedIn among others.