While the specifics (eligibility, page numbers, formatting) may vary across individual contests, there are some general rules that hold for all Hopwood-administered contests.
- All submissions happen online. Paper submissions will not and cannot be accepted.
- All deadlines are enforced to the minute, and there can be no exceptions even for the most dire circumstances. Please plan well enough ahead that you are clicking "submit" well in advance of the noon deadlines.
- All deadlines are at noon on the day of their deadlines.
- No submissions may include, in any way, the name of the person submitting. This includes title pages, headers, and footers, and it includes characters/speakers who share a first, last, or middle name — please consider this when selecting your pen name in the online system. Submissions that do include the submitter's name will be disqualified.
- Always be sure that the first thing you do before submitting your work in the online system is to update your profile and/or ensure that all information is still correct.