The GSP application for Winter 2018 and academic year 2018-2019 is now open!
Winter Semester: December 1, 2017
Fall 2018/Winter 2019: December 8, 2017
Returning students (students already on campus) can expect a decision by December 22nd. Applications received from new and incoming international, transfer and exchange students will be reviewed and decisions emailed on a rolling basis.
- Completion of at least one year of college (at U-M or another institution) by the beginning of the term or year for which you are applying.
- A strong interest in integrating global scholarship into one’s college experience, regardless of college or concentration.
- Enthusiasm for intercultural exchange. Prior intercultural or international experience is not a prerequisite.
- Commitment to at least 1 semester of participation. Students may apply for Fall-only or Winter-only if needed (e.g. transfer, exchange, study abroad students).
- Applicants must also apply separately to University Housing for a room. Please visit the Housing website for more information. Click here for information on current Housing Rates.
Note: Students who wish to to re-apply to the Global Scholars Program for a second year may be eligible for leadership opportunities.
- A commitment to live in the GSP community (floors 4 & 5 of North Quad).
- Enrollment in a GSP approved course (ALA 210/211); Fall Semester: Defining Critical Global Issues; Winter Semester: Addressing Critical Global Issues. Day and Time of class TBD
- Participation in weekly Collaborative Group meetings (One evening: Mon-Thurs.7:00-8:30pm).
- Active engagement in dialogues, discussions, and the year-long Global Engagement Internship.
- Presentation of your Collaborative Group’s Research Action Project at the GSP end-of- year Symposium.