The GSP application is now closed. Application for academic year 2018-2019 will be available in October.
- Completion of at least one year of college (at U-M or another institution) by the beginning of the term or year for which you are applying.
- A strong interest in integrating global scholarship into one’s college experience, regardless of college or concentration.
- Enthusiasm for intercultural exchange. Prior intercultural or international experience is not a prerequisite.
- Commitment to at least 1 semester of participation. Students may apply for Fall-only or Winter-only if needed (e.g. transfer, exchange, study abroad students).
- Applicants must also apply separately to University Housing for a room. Please visit the Housing website for more information. Click here for information on current Housing Rates.
Note: Students who wish to to re-apply to the Global Scholars Program for a second year may be eligible for leadership opportunities.
- A commitment to live in the GSP community (floors 4 & 5 of North Quad).
- Enrollment in a GSP approved course (UC270); Fall Semester: Defining Critical Global Issues; Winter Semester: Addressing Critical Global Issues. The lecture for this course for the 2015-2016 academic year, will meet on Fridays, 1:00-2:30 pm.
- Participation in weekly Collaborative Group meetings (One evening: Mon-Thurs.7:00-8:30pm).
- Active engagement in dialogues, discussions, and the year-long Research Action Project Internships.
- Presentation of your Collaborative Group’s Research Action Project at the GSP end-of- year Symposium.