Application now open to incoming transfer, international and exchange students only.
- Completion of at least one year of college (at U-M or another institution) by the beginning of the term or year for which you are applying.
- A strong interest in integrating global scholarship into one’s college experience, regardless of college or concentration.
- Enthusiasm for intercultural exchange. Prior intercultural or international experience is not a prerequisite.
- Commitment to at least 1 semester of participation. Students may apply for Fall-only or Winter-only in certain cases (e.g. transfer, exchange, study abroad students).
- Applicants must also apply separately to University Housing for a room. Please visit the Housing website for more information. Click here for information on current Housing Rates.
Note: Students who wish to to re-apply to the Global Scholars Program for a second year may be eligible for leadership opportunities.
- A commitment to live in the GSP community (floors 4 & 5 of North Quad).
- Enrollment in a GSP approved course (ALA 210/211); Fall Semester: Defining Critical Global Issues; Winter Semester: Addressing Critical Global Issues. Day and Time of class TBD
- Participation in weekly Collaborative Group meetings (One evening: Mon-Thurs.7:00-8:30pm).
- Active engagement in dialogues, discussions, and the year-long Global Engagement Internship.
- Presentation of your Collaborative Group’s Global Engagement Internship at the GSP end-of- year Symposium.
The Global Scholars Program affirms the university’s support and advocacy for the many undocumented or DACA students on our campus. Consistent with federal and state law, DACA students and those without proof of citizenship are welcome to seek admission and enrollment at U-M and to apply for membership in the Global Scholars Program.