Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Transfer Students

If you are transferring from a two-year or four-year college, your German credits may be listed German 101X, German 102X, etc.

These credits should not be considered automatically equivalent to German 101 and German 102. 

We strongly recommend that you take the German placement test during your orientation dates at the University of Michigan.  This test will determine which German class at Michigan best matches your German proficiency level.

Even if you were to take German 101 or German 102 at Michigan, you will not lose your transfer credits (German 101X, 102X, etc.).

We strongly advise you to complete your LSA foreign language requirement as quickly as possible.

If you have questions about the transfer credits for German, please contact a German undergraduate advisor (