The University of Michigan Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures photo contest is open to all students affiliated with the Germanic department through research, study, or an international internship completed between May 3-September 2, 2019. Email email@example.com with questions or for more information.
Awards will be issued in Blue Bucks in the following amounts:
First Place: $50
Second Place: $25
Third Place: $15
Photos will be judged on subject matter, composition, technical quality, creativity, and originality by a select panel of U-M staff and faculty members.
- Wear the official "Michigan German" shirt you received when you declared your major in your photo!
- Any photo which includes U-M student(s) engaged in German/Dutch/Swedish learning, research, cultural, or work activities is encouraged.
- Share your photo from a German/Dutch/Swedish-speaking country.
Rules of Entry
- Entrants must be U-M students affiliated with the Germanic department.
- Entrants must have participated in research, study, or an internship related to or funded by the Germanic department (either in the U.S. or abroad).
- Up to three photos may be submitted per entrant.
- Entrants are eligible to win only one prize.
- Photos must be your original work and taken between May 3-September 2, 2019.
- Digitally altered photos are not accepted. Black and white photos are eligible.
- Submit photo(s) using the submission form.
- Entries must be received no later than the September 15, 2019 deadline.
- Photos must be the original work of the submitter
- Photo specs : JPEG, TIFF, or RAW
- Color and black and white photos are eligible
- Photos should be large format, high resolution (300dpi recommended)
- Each entry must be sent as an individual file via the submission form
- By entering the Germanic Department Photo Contest, the student acknowledges the Photo Contest Use Notice
2019 Submission Form
Submission form: https://forms.gle/FsU6krHU5xRnP5wm9
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see if we feature your photo! You're welcome to share your photo(s) with your own followers too--and be sure to include the hashtag #umichGerman, #umichDutch, or #umichSwedish!