- Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments (GLACE)
Who Can Apply?
All University of Michigan students are eligible to apply for GLACE, as are special students and international students. GLACE is an intensive and communal academic program that requires fairly continuous participation. Therefore students who anticipate having other important spring-term commitments should probably not apply this year.
Program Costs and Financial Aid
Students are responsible solely for the cost of eight credits of spring-term tuition. Room, board, and round-trip transportation between Ann Arbor and Pellston are covered by UMBS. While students should bring some cash for laundry and other incidentals, there are no additional program costs or fees.
Students who receive financial aid during the academic year may be eligible for LSA scholarships to help defray spring-term tuition costs. In addition, students with demonstrated financial need can apply separately for summer internship scholarships to help cover expected summer earnings expectations.
Important 2019 Dates
- February 1: LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship application available (awards on a rolling basis)
- February 15: GLACE application deadline
- April 4: Spring Term course registration begins
- April 7: Application deadline for LSA scholarships
- May 20: GLACE students arrive at UMBS
- May 21: classes begin
- June 28: classes end
- June 28-29: GLACE students depart UMBS
Contact program director Ingrid Diran with questions about GLACE.