- Great Lakes Arts, Cultures, and Environments (GLACE)
Who Can Apply?
All University of Michigan students are eligible to apply for GLACE, as are special students and international students. GLACE is an intensive and communal academic program that requires fairly continuous participation. Therefore students who anticipate having other important spring-term commitments should probably not apply this year.
Program Costs and Financial Aid
Students are responsible solely for the cost of eight credits of spring-term tuition.
Students who receive financial aid during the academic year may be eligible for LSA scholarships to help defray spring-term tuition costs.
In addition, students may apply for need-based and merit-based scholarships through the University of Michigan Biological Station. This includes a brand new GLACE-SPECIFIC, need-based SCHOLARSHIP.
Room, board, and round-trip transportation between Ann Arbor and Pellston are covered by UMBS. While students should bring some cash for laundry and other incidentals, there are no additional program costs or fees beyond tuition.
Important 2019 Dates
- February 1: LSA Spring/Summer Scholarship application available (awards on a rolling basis)
- March 15: GLACE application deadline (deadline extended)
- March 31: UMBS Financial Aid deadline (including GLACE-specific scholarships)
- April 4: Spring Term course registration begins
- April 7: Application deadline for LSA scholarships
- May 20: GLACE students arrive at UMBS
- May 21: classes begin
- June 28: classes end
- June 28-29: GLACE students depart UMBS
Contact program director Ingrid Diran with questions about GLACE.