- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Facilities and Operations
- Faculty Academic Affairs
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Advancement
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Security and Safety
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Web Services
- Unit Administrators
LSA covers the cost associated with U-M sponsored conferences for staff, such as, the Women of Color Annual Career Conference, provided the supervisor or chief administrator approves the request. Supervisors should email email@example.com to obtain the short code for registration.
Other Local Training:
Requests for funds for other workshops, conferences, courses, etc. are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be submitted by the chief administrator with answers to the following questions:
- Is the training directly related to the employee's job duties and in an area of responsibility where skill improvement is needed?
- Is this training something that is not offered by LPD or ITS, or offered at a similar cost?
- Is the value of the training for the employee and the unit proportional to the cost of the training?
- Is the unit and/or the employee willing to contribute funds towards the cost of the training?
Off-Site Training Involving Travel:
The Dean’s Office does not have a general budget to cover travel expenses and registration costs for staff development opportunities offered outside the local Ann Arbor area. Units are asked to anticipate and allocate for such costs within their own budgets. Computing support staff should contact the LSA-IT office for information about funding for technology training not available locally.
Please direct questions and requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.